Pan Narrans' Ghost Stories
"At their essence ghost stories provide the listener with a kind of pleasing terror"
- Created in conjunction with Accidental theatre in October 2015
- Performed in Accidental's Theatre Space
- Featuring 8 different acts
After visiting Accidental Theatre for the first time on one of their Scratch Nights, we fell in love with their space. It's such a perfect venue for storytelling. Luckily Halloween was just around the corner, so it was a perfect excuse to organise a night of Ghost Stories!
We put out the call, and people answered - we ended up with 8 incredibly varied acts - from new writing, to Gothic poetry, to a murder mystery at the 2002 Northern Irish Disco Dancing Championship.
The night was a great success, the venue was absolutely packed and with such a variety of acts to show it was a brilliant celebration, not only of storytelling, but of the arts community in Belfast in general.
The Night Featured:
- Edgar Allen Poe's The Raven retold by Michael Patrick
- The Poetry and stories of award winning local writer Phyllis McKenna
- Mephistopheles from Goethe's Faust as performed by Peter Francis Fahy
- Acid - A new monologue written and performed by Gavin Turtle.
- "Chilli" from Pat McCabe's The Dead School, adapted by Jim O'Hagan, and acted by Owen McCavana.
- Jonathan Bailie's Butterflies, performed by Holly Hannaway
- Ghostly Tales told by Patrick McBrearty and Catherine Rees.
- The Scampi, Chips and Tartar Sauce Experience: Murder on the Dancefloor written and performed by Gary Crossan, Chris Grant and Stephen Coulter. Also featuring Rosie Barry.
Previews, Reviews, Articles and other Links
- Gigging Ni Review : "The perfect way to kick off Halloween... a captivating evening by all accounts and showcased just some of the great talent in the arts sector that Belfast has to boast of."
- Accidental Theatre link - with box office
- Interview with Michael and BelfastVibe about the show
- PastieBap preview